Company Setup, Email Server tab
Sample Settings for ISP provided SMTP Server
Most of the time you can input the SMTP server provided by your ISP, set the Port to 25 and leave the User ID and Password empty.
- Netvigator (Home) mail.netvigator.com / smtp.netvigator.com
- Netvigator (Commercial) corpmail1.netvigator.com
- HKBN smtpo.hkbn.net / smtpo.ctimail.com
- Wharf T&T smtp.newtthk.com
- HGC mail.on-nets.com
- Pacnet smtp.pacific.net.hk
- I-Cable smtp.i-cable.com
- Smartone smtp.smartone.com
- HKNET smtp.hknet.com
- NWT smtp.nwtbb.com
- Three smtp.three.com.hk
- PCCW Mobile mail.netvigator.com
- One2Free mail.csl1010.com
- more: Hong Kong ISP SMTP Information🡕
Sample Settings for Google Gmail Server
Please noted that Google have some restrictions in place to be sure that your email account is not flagged as a potential spammer.
If you exceed the number of daily messages in Gmail, your account will automatically reset and you'll be able to begin sending messages again in up to 24 hours.
- G Suite users have a limit of 2,000 email messages per day.
- Gmail (free account) users have a limit of 500 email messages per day.
External Reference: Gmail sending limits in G Suite🡕
Sample Settings for Microsoft Office 365
Please noted that Office 365 have some restrictions in place to be sure that your email account is not flagged as a potential spammer.
Office 365 users are limited by the following:
- 10,000 sent email messages per day
- 500 recipients total for a single email
- 30 emails sent per minute
External Reference: Exchange Online limits🡕
User ID and Password
- Whether User ID and Password is required is depending on the SMTP server security settings.
- The validity of Sender Email is also depending on the SMTP Server settings.
See sample settings in Company Setup, Email Server tab.
When CC to sender is checked, every outgoing email will have a copy send to the Sender Email.
When BCC to sender is checked, every outgoing email will have a Blind Carbon Copy send to the Sender Email.
When Email Server Settings is defined in Personal Options, it will override the settings in Company Setup.
The setting in Company Setup will override the settings in HRPro.config.
For Employee Portal, Email Server Settings will read setting in Company Setup, If it is empty, it will read EPortal.config.