Grant Advance Access Rights for Internet Information Server
Some kinds of functions in HRPro required Advance Access Rights for Internet Information Server, eg.
allow Business Alert to work with Windows Task Manager to schedule tasks.
made the Download button in Database Backup work.
made the Upload and Restore button in Database Restore work.
Modify HRPro.config when enabling SQL Server Password Encryption.
Read file(s) from the hard disk.
You may need to
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Select the HRPro Website for which you need to modify permissions
3. Go to Basic Settings and see which application pool you're using. Usually, it is named DefaultAppPool
4. Go to Application Pools and find the application pool from #3
5. Right-click the application pool and select Advanced Settings...
6. Change the Identity from ApplicationPoolIdentity to LocalSystem.
7. Click OK to continue.
Disclaimer: There is a security risk if you select LocalSystem as the Application Pool Identity as the Local Systems account has all user rights, and it is part of the Administrators group on the Web server. It is preferable to create a custom user account with proper access rights equal to the Application Pool Identity.