HRPro Brief Installation Procedure
HRPro is usually performed by our Technical Support Personnel and included as a service during our implementation service. However, if end user with IT knowledge wish to perform the installation by themselves, the followings are the brief procedure:
1) Install Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition (skip if you already have MS SQL Server installed)
- Apply all Security Updates and Service Packs from Windows Update before installing Microsoft SQL Server
- Depending on your Windows version (Chinese/English, x86/x64), download Microsoft SQL Server Express (with Tools) from Microsoft Web Site
(e.g. ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe for 64bit English Windows with Tools)
- Please follow the on screen instruction to complete the setup of SQL Server
- During the installation of MS SQL Server, you will be asked whether the server offers mixed authentication, please choose "mixed" and then assign the password for system admin (sa)
If you wish to install SQL Server 2017, see: How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express Edition for HRPro
2) Copy all files (including sub-folders) in your HRPro Setup Package to your new server at C:\HRPro (or any other location)
3) Restore dbSystem and dbHRPro on the SQL server
- execute SQL Server Management Studio to perform the restoration
- after log on to the database, right click on "Database", then click "Restore Database"
- you will have to enter the name of each database accordingly. Please use dbSystem for system database and dbHRPro for demo database
- the two database backup files are located at HRProSetup\Sample Database in the Setup Package.
4) Configure the server to accept TCP/IP remote connection (for multiple workstations access)
5) The server setup is finished.
6) Then you can install HRPro Desktop Client, Employee Portal and the Web Application Server
We also provide on-site service for further assistance. Contact us for details.