HRPro Brief Installation Procedure
HRPro is usually performed by our Technical Support Personnel and included as a service during our implementation service. However, if end users with IT knowledge wish to install by themselves, the followings are the brief procedure:
1) Install Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition (skip if you already have MS SQL Server installed)
Apply all Security Updates and Service Packs from Windows Update before installing Microsoft SQL Server
Depending on your Windows version (Chinese/English, x86/x64), download Microsoft SQL Server Express (with Tools) from Microsoft Website
(e.g. ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe for 64bit English Windows with Tools)
Please follow the on-screen instruction to complete the setup of the SQL Server
During the installation of MS SQL Server, you will be asked whether the server offers mixed authentication, please choose "mixed" and then assign the password for system admin (sa)
If you wish to install SQL Server 2019, see: How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express Edition for HRPro
2) Copy all files (including sub-folders) in your HRPro Setup Package to your new server at C:\HRPro (or any other location)
3) Restore dbHRPro and dbSystem on the SQL server
execute SQL Server Management Studio to perform the restoration
after logging on to the database, right-click on "Database", then click "Restore Database"
you will have to enter the name of each database accordingly. Please use dbSystem for the system database and dbHRPro for the demo database
the two database backup files are located at "HRProSetup\Sample Database" in the Setup Package.
(dbHRPro is the application database of the HRPro demo company, and dbSystem is the System Database that registered the application databases and contains user and group security and access rights information).
4) Configure the server to enable TCP/IP connection.
5) The server setup is finished.
6) Then you can install Employee Portal and the Web Application Server and Employee Portal
We also provide on-site service for further assistance. Contact us for details.