HRPro Web Application Server Deployment (for Web Client) on Windows Server
You may need to install Microsoft SQL Server and restore the Application Database and System Database before Web Application Server Deployment. See HRPro Brief Installation Procedure.
HRPro Web Application Server Deployment on Windows Server
1. Install Windows Server with all security updates, hotfixes and service packs from Windows Update.
2. Open Server Manager, click 2 Add roles and features
3. Click Next to the Server Roles, check Web Server (IIS)
4. Click Add Features button
5. Click Next to the Features tab, check ASP.NET 4.5
6. Select All components in Application Development in the Role Services tab.
Click Next and Install. After Install completed, restart the Server.
7. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager (Server Manager -> Tools)
8. Setup the HRPro web site
1) Create a folder using your company name (e.g. MyCompany or HRPRO) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot,
2) Copy the HRPro Web Access files from the WebClient Sub Folder in the HRPro Setup Package to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\[MyCompany] with all subfolders.
3) Open IIS Manager again, go to Web Sites -> [MyCompany]. Right Click, Convert to Application.
9. Modify the HRPro.Config to define the SQL Server Connection String and SMTP Server for the Email.
Where "data source" is the Server Name, "initial catalog" is the application database name. the user id is the SQL server userid, password is the SQL server password. If you preferred password encryption, please refer to How to Enable SQL Server Password Encryption.
You may have a permission issue when you save the edited HRPro.config using Notepad. You can either
Save to desktop and copy back to the original location
Search Notepad, right click and select run as administrator and then open the file using the file open dialogue.
10. Open Web Client
In IE, type http://localhost/mycompany
For remote computer, replace the localhost with the server IP address should access HRPro Web Access also.
11. Install Arial Unicode MS font in order to produce Chinese Report properly (if the server do not installed Microsoft Office). See Why all Chinese Characters on the PDF Report displayed as rectangular box in HRPro Web Client? for instructions.
Other Installation and Setup Information