Generate IR56B Batch
This screen allows you to generate the IR56B tax sheets for employees in a particular financial year according to IRD Sep 2019 Specifications. If the tax sheets have already been generated, you would be warned before overwriting them.
IR56B Batch No. is a User Definable Key (up to 20 characters) to identity the IR56B batch, the default name is IR56Byyyyzzzz (where yyyyzzzz is the current taxation year)
Select each Employer to create different IR56B batches if you have multiple employers per database.
Type of Form
- Original "O" - for reporting income of an employee in the annual submission
- Additional "A" - for reporting additional income of an employee that has not been included in the form previously submitted (either paper of electronic)
- Replacement "R" - for correcting errors of the form previously submitted (either paper or electronic)
- Supplementary "S" - for reporting income of an employee which has not been reported in the annual submission
The computerized IR56B record for annual submission (i.e. original IR56B records with Type of Form = “O”) must NOT be submitted with additional / replacement / supplementary IR56B records (i.e. with status = “A” / “R” / “S”) in the same data file. Separate data files should be generated for filing the original IR56B records and the additional / replacement / supplementary IR56B records.
The IR56B tax sheets are conformed to the standards from the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department. They would contain all the necessary information about your employee and the accumulated earnings over the taxation year.
Click the Start IR56B Generation to generate the IR56B records, make sure the payroll batches within the taxation year are all protected and the employee meet below criteria when the Employee dropdown list is "All Eligible".
- Hong Kong Income Tax Taxable is checked at Employee Master, IR tab
- Non-Employee for IR56M is not checked at Employee Master, IR tab
- Employee is not terminated or the Terminated Date is after the end of the taxation year. If Accumulate IR56B/F/M by HKID turned on, also included those employees that the termination date is within the taxation year.
- The Employee's Employer is the selected Employer
- Total Taxable Income greater than zero (if Allow create zero amount IR form even if payroll amount is zero in taxation Module Setup is not turned on)
After that you can use the IR56B Amendment for any adjustment.
By default, IR56B accumulated per employee number per sheet unless the Accumulate IR56B/M by HKID is checked in Taxation Module Setup.
If the check-box option Allow create zero amount IR form even if payroll amount is zero in Taxation Module Setup is turned on, even there is no payroll batch exists in the taxation year, a zero amount IR56B forms for the eligible employees will be generated.