How to prepare IR56B (2018 Format)
This section provides an overview of IR56B: Employer's return of remuneration and pensions (2018 Format) generation in computerized format.
- Define IRD Category of each pay type in Payroll Module Setup, Pay Type Tab.
- When Pay Type Table is turned on, define the IRD Category in Pay Type Table.
- Define your Tax File No., Name and Designation in Taxation Module Setup
- Generate IR56B Batch (2018 Format) (make sure the April to March batches are all posted)
- Print IR56B checklist (2018 Format)
- Print Taxable Income Report by IRD Category or Taxable Income Report by Pay Type and distribute to your employees
- Optionally print the Employee MPF Statement and distribute to your employees
- Export, manipulate and import back to IR56B Batch (if any, Web Client Only)
- IR56B Amendment (2018 Format) (if any)
- Output IR56B Data File (2018 Format) and the Control List (2018 Format), send the disk together with the control list or upload to eTax if selected the XML File format and less than 800 records. See How to upload "Completion of Employer's Return IR56B" via Mixed Mode
- Print IR56B forms in IR56B Amendment (2018 Format) (for all employees) and distribute to your employees, see also IR56B Sample Output (2018 Format)
- For any amendment (increase or decrease of the reported income) and correction of other information after submission, you can furnish a IR56B Replacement (2018 Format) form to IRD
- If you have multiple employer per database, go to Step 4 and select another employer to generate a different IR56B batch
- When the whole cycle is completed, click the Post button on the IR56B Amendment (2018 Format) tool bar to protect (closed) this taxation year
- After the taxation year is closed, Download IR56B is available in Employee Portal
- How to upload "Completion of Employer's Return IR56B" via Mixed Mode
- eTax - http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/etax/
- Completion of Employer's Return - https://etax23.ird.gov.hk/ird/login/jsp/ERF612Step.jsp